Monday, July 25, 2005

Coconut Curry Chicken...with a side of garlic!

After the hassle and disruption of the move, last night was the fist night where I got to really cook. Deseret came over for dinner and to check out the new house. I whipped up coconut curry chicken (Sunset) which turned out so easy. I melted half a stick of butter in a 9x13 pan, dipped 4 chicken breasts in the butter and then coated them with a mixture of 1 cup coconut and 2 T curry powder. Then, I baked it in a 350-degree oven for 30 minutes. It was so delicious!

About 20 minutes into the baking, I decided to make a side. Usually, I'm pretty good about matching sides, but, for some reason, I got it in my head to make parmesan orzo - an absolutely tasty side dish but not really a good match with curry. Plus, I put in a tad too much garlic. Overall, though, the meal turned out great and the coconut curry chicken is a definite repeat, once I figure out a better side.

No comments: