Tuesday, March 08, 2005

The mystery of the traveling cutting board

For the longest time, we had two cutting boards: a big wooden one and a smaller plastic one. The wooden one is from Crate and Barrel and has been splitting and warping (and no, we don't put it through the dishwasher) - I don't recommend this brand. The smaller plastic one has been the workhorse - I think I bought it years ago back in DC (YAY Target!). So, a while back, Zeb and I realized that the plastic cutting board was missing. We searched everywhere - it was not to be found. So, I used the warping, splitting wooden one and was annoyed. Finally, about a week ago, I broke down and bought a new big plastic cutting board. Two days later, before I had even had the chance to use the new cutting board, the smaller plastic one appears in my office. Spooky...Zeb and I had no idea where it came from. We thought it might be possessed. No one in the office knew how it got there and thought it was weird that I had a cutting board in my office, regardless of size or material.

Turns out, Dan and Renee had it. Any time something goes missing and I can't figure out where it could have gone, they have it. There was another mystery involving a bucket that I won't go into.

The moral of the story is that, while I'm glad to have the smaller cutting board back, its absence finally pushed me to get a better one.

2 comments:

Hoarybat said...

Yeah yeah yeah.

CalCook said...

But see, the moral shows that, in the end, it worked out for the best!