Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thai-riffic Pizza

Another Rachael Ray recipe - Thai Chicken Pizza (Expresslane Meals). I tried to get pizza dough from the local pizza place but they would sell just the dough. Instead, I made pizza dough in the breadmaker. It definitely meant the recipe wasn't done in 30 minutes but it was worth it. Zeb found a great recipe online that includes olive oil and honey - so tasty! I usually use cornmeal on the baking stone to keep the crust from sticking. I was out of cornmeal so I used semolina flour instead - it worked even better. The pizza crust was baked with duck sauce, red pepper flakes, monterey jack cheese and sliced red bell pepper. While the pizza was cooking, I marinated chicken breast, which I flattened with a meat mallet, in tamari, vegetable oil, grill seasoning and peanut butter. I also marinated sliced cucumber in honey and cider vinegar. I sauteed the chicken and then sliced it into thin strips. Once the pizza came out, I loaded on the chicken, chopped scallions, bean sprouts, the drained cucumbers and peanuts. The thing was huge! Having spent so much effort (but little real time) putting the thing together, I couldn't face slicing it up so I turned the carving duties over to Zeb. My slice was a bit too tall and loaded to eat with my hands so I ended up eating the different parts separately. The chicken was a bit too salty. Next time, I think I'll lighten the amount of tamari and add more peanut butter. Still, even with the saltiness, it was a damn yummy pizza.

1 comment:

Ridzi Arora said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe with us. Looking forward to New Recipes. Must Read such Blogs.