Monday, July 09, 2007

Welcome Back to Me!

Gotta love procrastination! I have a number of different assignments that should be getting done but I just can't help myself. Made an awesome dinner this evening which reminded me of my blog. Flank steak marinated in Moroccan spices (Sunset) and roasted potatoes w/ parmesan and oregano. The potatoes were supposed to be Greek-style Lemon Potatoes (Sunset) but somehow, I forgot the fresh oregano and feta. The replacement though was quite tasty. Sliced potatoes tossed with olive oil, dried oregano, parmesan, salt and pepper, baked at 450 degrees for 45 minutes with slight interruptions for stirring. The potatoes achieved a lovely crust that hid creamy starchy goodness inside. Not bad for winging it! Zeb raved about the flank steak - an underrated cut of meat in my mind. The marinade was a vinegar base with coriander, paprika, cinnamon and a few other spices mixed in. I didn't overcook the steak either (something I have done in the past). It's rare when I hit two recipes out of the park!

1 comment:

Ridzi Arora said...

You are posting good blogs always. Find More Blogs at MSRBLOG .