Sunday, January 30, 2005

Yummy burgers!

Yesterday for lunch, I made up some Caesar Salad burgers (Cooking in Cast Iron, pg. 12) . I have usually avoided burgers since that's what we make for all our big parties. Plus, I'm not a big bun fan. However, this sounded good so I had to try it. Basically, the buns replace the croutons and all of the flavors are in the beef - capers, basil, ketchup, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. I think next time, I'll add some bread crumbs or flour to the mixture though because I found the burgers didn't really hold their shape and were close to falling apart. They wouldn't have made it on the grill but in the cast iron pan, they did alright. Anyway, once the burgers are cooked, you put them on the bun and top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and a bit of Caesar Salad dressing (Newman's Own is the best). I didn't think I was going to like the capers but I didn't really notice them as a separate ingredient but the flavor they was quite good. And the basil in the burgers- wow! Not exactly what you would call a boring burger. They didn't need anything else. Yay! Yumminess!

2 comments:

RUFUS said...

yo soy vegetariano y no quiero comer carne de animal muerto, pero respeto que el mundo no tenga mi elevada sensibilidad. adios, buena suerte

CalCook said...

I have always been suprised by how filling and delicious vegetarian recipes can be. I'm quite open to trying new ones. I try to make an attempt to accomodate my guests' eating preferences. It's amazing how your perspective changes when you try something new. Thanks for the warm wishes!

Yo siempre he sido suprised por cómo llenar y las recetas vegetarianas deliciosas pueden ser. Estoy bastante abierto a nuevos molestos. Trato de intentar para acomodar a mis huéspedes son las preferencias que comen. Asombra cómo sus cambios de perspectiva cuando usted trata algo nuevo. ¡Da las gracias para los deseos tibios!