Sunday, May 15, 2005

Easy as pie!

Except it wasn't pie at all. Tonight, we made a recipe I received from my friend, Megan - Pesto Sausage Pasta. So simple and yet quite filling. I boiled up some tri-colored rotini pasta and browned some medium spicy Italian sausage. Once the sausage was browned and crumbled, I mixed in a tub of pesto and alot of parmesan. Stirred in the pasta and, voila!, dinner is served. It took longer to defrost the sausage than it did to make dinner! I should have drained the sausage though after I browned it. Mine was greasier than Megan's usually is. Draining the sausage should take care of that.

1 comment:

Hoarybat said...

Pesto is awesome. I used to pick fresh basil and make my own pesto sauce when I worked on a farm. I think that my sauce was basically the pesto leaves, olive oil, and a wee bit of garlic.

Pesto cream sauces are the work of the devil, as far as I'm concerned. If I want green alfredo sauce, I'll add food coloring thankyouverymuch. Not to mention that my last case of food poisoning was from cream-based "pesto" sauce.