Sunday, May 15, 2005

I could get used to this...

Yesterday, Zeb made the best ribs I have ever tasted - Apple City Ribs (Smoke & Spice, pg. 72). They weren't spicy at all. Instead, they were flavored sweet with brown sugar, cinnamon, carmelized onions and apple juice. The ribs were meatier than usual. I got them from the grocery store instead of Costco so that may have had something to do with it. I can't stand grizzle which usually turns me off of ribs so this was a treat. I made the side dish - Sherried Sweet Potatoes and Apples, one of my mother-in-law's recipes. The recipe called for boiling the sweet potatoes but that takes too long so I just microwaved them. I sauteed the granny smith apples in butter until they were softened and then added lemon juice, sherry, brown sugar and cinnamon. Brought everything to a boil and added the peeled and cut-up sweet potatoes. It was the perfect compliment for the ribs. It's not very often when I come up with the side that goes well all by myself!

1 comment:

Hoarybat said...

Yesterday I had bean-tacos. Taco shells, filled with *both* refried and black beans.

Damn.